Carl Selesky's Resume'
Attorney - Mediator
2004-present: The Selesky Law Firm, L.L.P.
- Established boutique law practice to allow a greater level of service and concentration to Carl J. Selesky's existing clients and cases.
- Maintain an of counsel relationship with the Firm of Woodfill & Pressler, L.L.P., on select cases and projects.
- Examples of litigation against national companies for clients including Target, Met Life, Farmers, USAA, Union Standard Insurance, Royce Homes, Sun Beam and Toyota, and with Firms like Baker Botts, Dunn, Kacal, Adams, Pappas & Law, Vinson & Elkins, among many.
- Maintain independent clientele with over 460 individual and business clients.
- Service to clients is the basis for the practice of law and communication is the Focus.
- Licensed and extensive trial experience in Federal and Texas State courts including: Harris, Fort Bend, Montgomery, Brazoria, Liberty, Jefferson, Orange, Travis, Dallas, Williamson, Bell and Hayes.
- Appointed and serve as Amicus Attorney and Guardian Ad Litem for minor children in custody disputes in Harris County Family District Courts.
- Member, American Inns of Court.
- Family Law section member, State Bar of Texas.
2003-2004: Affiliation, Woodfill & Pressler, L.L.P.
- Served as a litigator with active trial docket in State and Federal Court.
- Lead attorney in every case assigned.
- Cases handled for Firm involved insurance bad faith, commercial litigation, construction law, personal injury and medical malpractice to name a few.
1993-2003: Law Offices of John C. Osborne
- Lead and assist an active docket in boutique civil firm.
- Develop independent clientele and caseload with responsibility for all aspects of cases.
- Responsible for drafting writs and briefs to various Texas State and Federal Courts.
EDUCATION - MEDIATION EXPERIENCE
- Completed Basic Mediator Qualification Training Course; Center for Legal Responsibility, Resolution Forum, Inc. Completed the 40 hour basic mediation training course that is designed to encourage the use of responsible dispute resolution methods and advanced computer technologies in helping people resolve their disputes.
- TEN YEARS as an attorney and litigator will enhance mediation skills through exposure to many different cases and areas of law. Areas of practice include: Personal Injury, Automobile accidents and associated injuries, Toxic substances, Truck accidents, Medical malpractice; Nursing home abuse, Family law, including divorce, Child support, Child custody, Visitation rights, Insurance Bad Faith, Insurance Coverage, Consumer Law, Consumer Fraud, Deceptive Trade Practices, Business litigation, Construction contracts, Defamation, Non-competition and Non-solicitation agreements; Business fraud, Theft.
- Thorough understanding of the mediation process through involvement in numerous mediations as a litigator.
- Have gained valuable mediation experience and performed public service by performing low cost and volunteer mediations.
- Numerous judicial appointments for mediations in Harris County Family District Courts, Civil District Courts and County Civil Courts including the 269th District Court, 55th District Court, 125th District Court, 80th District Court, County Civil Courts 1,2 and 4, and 310th Family District Court.
South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, Juris Doctorate, 1994Full-time student with extensive employment throughout law school. Scholarship recipient, intramural mock trial winner, President, Florida Law Student Association and member, Board of Advocates and Director Intramural Sports
North Central College, Chicago, Illinois, 1990
- B. A. Communications, Minor: English Literature
- Maintained employment throughout college
- Participated in NCAA Division III Football and intramural athletics
- Scholarship recipient
Born in New Jersey, raised in Tampa, Florida. I enjoy travel and am an avid cyclist, having completed various road distance events including the BP MS 150. I also enjoy outdoor sports and my two mutts from the SPCA in my spare time.
All information in this website is not legal advice, is not intended to be legal advice and is for informational purposes in order to help you in your decision to hire an attorney only. You should consult with as many attorneys as you feel necessary before you choose to hire one. The attorney-client relationship is only formed by written agreement and consent of both of the parties. Any and all medical bills or other costs are your responsibility regardless of the outcome of the case or any contingency fee arrangements with Carl J Selesky. All trademarks and copyrights are reserved. Carl J. Selesky is a licensed attorney in the State of Texas, in State and Federal Courts. Mr. Selesky is not licensed in any other State.
Carl J. Selesky is not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.